There are all types of home gym equipment on the market these days. Since home gym equipment can be on the pricey side, it can be tough to choose the right one for you. For anyone looking to get into shape, treadmills for home are among the top choices when it comes to home gym equipment and for a good reason.
Best home treadmills aren't just for runners, you can walk, jog, and interval train on a treadmill all from the comfort of your home. Over the years, treadmills have become increasingly more affordable, but there are so many options out there, it can be overwhelming trying to choose the right one for you. With a treadmill buying guide, we hope that you can buy the best treadmill for home.
1. NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Treadmill
Don’t let the name of this treadmill fool you — it is for home use. It is great that the Nordic Track 2450 is the best treadmill 2021 because it is excellent for walking, running, and jogging. The 14-inch touchscreen monitor, built-in speakers and Bluetooth audio keep you engaged while you run with different trainers in locations all over the world.
The running surface is large, which is bigger than most others at this price range. The incline range is up to 15% and attenuation range up to 3%, giving you running experience. The running surface has flexible cushioning to reduce impact on your joints
- The motor is 4.00 CHP for intense workouts.
- The iFit application is the latest in technology
- The speed range is 0-12 mph and changes at the touch of a button.
- 40 preset workout programs
- Music speakers with Bluetooth connection
- Shelf for your mobile device
- WhisperQuiet™ deck minimizes sound of running
- Two choices for deck suspension (Soft or Road)
- Although foldable, too heavy to be considered portable
- If problems arise, parts replacement might take weeks instead of days
2. Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
The Weslo Cadence G 5.9 is an excellent choice for people on a budget. At around $300 - $400, this treadmill for home has a lot of features and some great technology. With consumer reports treadmill, Weslo Cadence G 5.9 treadmill are six pre-programmed personal trainer exercises on the machine so you can incorporate your training routine. Two incline positions can be manually adjusted, and the Comfort Cell Cushion reduces the impact on your joints.
The track size of 16 x 50 inches makes the treadmill great for walking. The motor is 2.25 horsepower and has a top speed of 10 miles per hour. A heart rate monitor lets you monitor your intensity by placing your thumb on the sensor. The LCD screen tracks speed, time, distance, and calories burned. With the best treadmill for home collapses for easy storage when not in use. There's a one-year warranty for the engine and a 90-day warranty on parts and labor.
- Two levels of inclination let you adjust the deck for more work or keep it flat for speed work or gentle walking
- Bluetooth tech connects with iFit so you get all the benefits of the app on your treadmill
- You try iFit for free for a month so you can see the extensive training and coaching options available
- Ships from Amazon
- Not suited for heavy training
- The deck cushion is not as soft as other treadmills
3. ProForm SMART Pro 9000 Treadmill
Your personal trainer can lead you on global adventures and through classes at the studio. Trainers can virtually control the speed and incline of your machine, providing an immersive training experience. The treadmill for home has a top speed of 12 mph and 3% to 15% negative tilt, all controlled by the push of a button. The screen is a 10-inch full-color touchscreen that monitors heart rate, speed, distance, calories burned, and more.
The engine is 4.23 CHP Mach Z which helps to stay cool throughout the workout while remaining powerful and quiet. The ProForm Pro 9000 folds up for easy storage when not in use. There's a lifetime warranty on the frame and engine, a five-year part warranty, and a two-year labor warranty.
- Fast customer care service
- The Simplified user interface makes it user-friendly for the layman
- Touch screen controls
- Has a good running area
- Compact foldable design
- ProShox cushioning reduces the impact on knees
- Automatic incline/decline makes your switch to other resistance levels easy
Treadmills for home are a great piece of equipment to add to your home gym when you begin your new year, you plan in a couple of weeks. Be sure to check out all of our fitness deals before making a decision.
- Shuts down in between the workouts
- App support is not provided for free
- Doesn’t have the smallest footprint
- Upgrades are expensive